Monday, September 14, 2009

New York, New York

A few weeks ago I made my first visit to New York City. "Overwhelming" is the first word that comes to mind. "Love at first bite" would be the second. I could write on and on about that place, but I will not. What I am going to do is write a list of the things I did there (and ate there) that I would tell anyone and everyone to do, whether it be your first time or your one hundredth. So, here it is:

Halal - a gyro cart on 53rd and 6th. Be prepared to wait in line for the best gyro you've ever had.

"Top of the Rock" - $20 and you only spend 30-45 minutes up there, but it's SO worth it (View below)

230 5th Ave - That's actually the name of the bar as well as the address. Roof top and the only thing obstructing the view is the Empire State Building. And if you get tired of the beautiful view and fresh air, you can always head down one floor to the amazing lounge, sounded by nothing but glass windows.

Gray's Papaya - Spend $4 and get two of the most delicious hot dogs and your drink of choice. Of course, they is over 20 fresh and homemade juices to choose from. I had "Pina Colada" :)

TKTS - If you enjoy the theatre (even if you don't) you'll most likely see at least one Broadway show while in NYC. Broadway shows can be expensive, but don't let that stand in your way. Head to a TKTS booth and find out what DAY OF deals they have going. Bri and I saw "9 to 5" for 60% of the price. Oh, and keep in mind, "bad seats" (last row) on Broadway, is like "pretty good seats" in California.

Dallas BBQ - Don't laugh. NO, seriously, stop laughing. I'm not here to recommend great (or even good) service, nor delicious food. What I am going to say is, if you find yourself in NYC make a point to head to one of Dallas BBQ's many locations. Get one of their "Texas Size" - "Speciality Drinks". The best $7 you will ever spend.

Century 21 - If you are looking to shop in New York make sure this is one of your stops. All designer clothes (not "middle of the road" designers, like Diesel, Armani, 7 for All Mankind, Ben Sherman, and list goes on and on) for anywhere from 40% - 80% off. Be prepared to deal with some crowds.

Pazza Notte - Bri's favorite place in New York prior to the trip, so I could go try the amazing gnocchi (featured below) they have. It is a gorgonzola gnocchi and it is delightful. Make SURE you have someone to split it with - I couldn't even get halfway through mine!

And that's all I can think of for now, but enjoy the pics!

Shot by Bri


















2 comments:

Erica Lynn said...

beautiful pics....my only question- why does bri have three spoons?

Kenny Grill said...

Thank you. The same questions was asked on Flickr, here's the answer: "one normal size spoon for Bri, one normal sized spoon for me, and one taster ("baby spoon") for Bri."