Wednesday, May 13, 2009

the loss of two dear friends :(

Yesterday, I lost two close companions who have been with me through thick and thin. They've traveled with me, they've worked side by side with me, and they've been up in the wee hours of the morning writing/recording music with me. They've been tossed around, beat up, pushed to their decibel limits, and now sold off. These friends I speak of are my Marshall headstock, and my Mesa 4x12 cab. They've been doing nothing but taking up storage space for 9 months, and I have to give a big thanks to Threshold for taking care of my friends for such a long period of time :) In no way am I quitting the guitar but my "rockstar" days are over. I don't plan on playing any shows or big venues so to keep this equipment, just so it can sit around is silly. Anyway, to finish off this post with a bit of irony, an hour after I sold my "rig" I got a call and was asked to be in a performing band :-/

3 comments:

Erica Lynn said...

this makes me sad. joels drums, now this! tear.

Lightning said...

Bummed. I've got a Crate bass rig that's been sitting dormant for about 4 years now, but I still can't cut the cord. Probably should, but I'm not that strong.

Derek Sepulveda said...

think of all the good/happy times with them. find peace and rest in those moments. it's all you can do at this point. Get back in the air Maverick. and if you need a wing(wo)man, Bri will fly with you.