Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wall O' Shame

Have I got the post for you! At my place of employment we I've created something I like to call, the "Wall O' Shame". This "wall" consists of any materials that are just plain pathetic (i.e. bad printing, terrible graphic design, talking about how good your design is when it is in fact terrible, ugly websites, and of course BAD, with a "b", content). Now, I just can't keep this stuff to myself anymore, so as often as I find little nuggets of comedy, I will undoubtedly share it with all of you.

Today starts with a company in which I won't name (but you can see
here) who Brizzle happened to stumble across yesterday. I am going to copy and paste a few short paragraphs below. I have NOT altered in any way this content; it is straight from their website (link above). What you are about read is real, and may contain content that will "hurt your head" (TH1). Please use precaution. :)

"Our goal is to express your vision exactly as you see it, whether it's online or in print. How do we do this? If it's an online presence, we do it by merging the best proprietary technologies, like Quicktime and Flash, with some of the best open source tecnologies like PHP and MySQL. But these are more than cold technologies in our hands. We literally breathe life into these bit and bytes. Your website not only goes live - it is alive!"

"Some of us have worked for multi billion - yes, billion, with a "b"- dollar corporations before coming to Ferreum Corporation. We have been trained in the traditional arts, multimedia, philosophy, architecture, programming and business. We bring all of these talents to bear when working to make you, your company or artistry come to life."

"'We really do take our clients seriously. As a matter of fact, we take you so seriously that when you sign up with us we won't give you an impersonal 800 number. We actually give you our own real phone numbers! When you have our home or personal cell phone number you always know who to call when you have a question concerning any of your projects we are designing.'"

To read more click here

No comments: